The use of a natural remedy is rapidly increasing in popularity; its variety of different guises and the wide range of ailments it can help alleviate mean its momentum will only continue on an upwards trajectory. The remedy I’m referring to is CBD oil, a mixture of one of over a hundred naturally occurring compounds in the host Cannabis plant and a carrier plant oil such as coconut or palm oil to form the finished product. It is the subject of increasing scientific case studies in the health and well-being world. The results show positive outcomes for many mental health conditions and other illnesses.
The Scientific Bit
As the main component of CBD products like CBD vape oils, oral tinctures, and many other items, its full name is Cannabidiol. Still, unlike its more infamous brother compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), it will not give you the sensation of getting high associated with Cannabis. This quality is highly regarded by sufferers looking for relief from pain or an alternative to the side effects of some prescription medications. Scientific studies have found that CBD impacts the body’s specialised endocannabinoid system that regulates sleep patterns, appetite, and pain responses. The studies are finding that chronic pain is reduced when CBD affects the receptor activity, reducing inflammation and when it interacts with the body’s neurotransmitters.
The Different Uses of CBD
There is an ever-increasing amount of CBD oil products as manufacturers develop new processes and ideas; they now dominate whole sections of health and wellness stores and have led to a wealth of online suppliers. The vast range of CBD products falls into these main categories –
- Tinctures, pills, and capsules.
- Edibles such as gummies and sweets.
- Vape e-liquids used in normal vape devices.
- Skincare products such as lotions, creams and salves are rubbed into the skin.
Depending on the type of illness the user is looking to alleviate might determine what product is best suited to their situation; the strength or amount of the CBD oil contained in the product would also factor into any decision. CBD oil is most easily absorbed by direct contact; oral tinctures placed under the tongue are highly effective, whereas any product swallowed is dissolved by stomach acid and diluted.
Who Can Benefit?
This is the most important question asked by many people; the answer is a wide range of mental health disorders and life-changing illnesses; these include –
- CBD oil effectively treats the chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can impact many mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Reduce some cancer-related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- There are several benefits to the heart and circulatory system, and it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
These illnesses are by no means a complete list; if you or a loved one may gain some benefit from using CBD oil, please investigate the wealth of information available online. I hope this short article has opened your eyes to the possibilities available and set you on the road to finding relief.